Thursday 31 January 2013

What I Watched in January '13




Here's the first of what I hope will be yet another regular post: my monthly film view tracker.

I've mentioned that I've been watching a lot of films recently, turns out there were 44 in total this month. That includes two viewings of Les Misérables, a Sarah Millican stand up show, an extended interview with Alfred Hitchcock and a documentary on Japanese cinema.

13 of these films were re-watches.
31 weren't.
3 were foreign language.
1 film gained a star to it's rating after a re-watch
4 received a 5-star rating.
1 of those got demoted to 4-star's after a re-watch.
4 received a 1-star rating.
None of those are likely to change.

Best Film of the month: Sunset Boulevard
Worst Film of the month: Dark Horse
Most Surprising: The Disappearance of Alice Creed
Most Disappointing: The Muppets 

Best part of a terrible film: Jeremy Renner singing (Love Comes to the Executioner)
Worst part of a great film: Sacha Baron Cohen & Helena Bonham Carter (Les Misérables)
Most likely to be watched again next month: Les Misérables

Let me know what the best and worst things are you've watched this month and be sure to leave me recommendations for February!

2 comments :

  1. I also saw Sunset Blvd. this month, for the first time. I loved it. Definitely one of the best I've seen this month. Other great watches have been Half Nelson, Sideways, Shortbus, The Last Waltz, Little Dieter Needs to Fly and Pillow Talk. SO many more as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunset Blvd. was incredible, I'm so glad I chose it as my first film of the year. I also really enjoyed Half Nelson, as much as you can enjoy it, Ryan Gosling is so easy to watch.

      Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll make sure to add them to my watchlist, I've wanted to see Sideways and Pillow Talk for a long time now, I'm glad to know you liked them.

      Delete