Monday 4 June 2012

Not With A Fizzle...

So, here I go.

I've spent the past few days reading my way through lists and articles that detail the top tips for 'starting your blog with a bang!' in the hopes of finding a piece of advice that would make writing this first post any easier. I've been advised to keep it both formal and casual, to focus solely on my blogs topic and demographic while adding bucket-loads of personality and anecdotes, and, above all, to make it interesting. Defying all advice I'm going to try and do this my own way.

My name is Daniel Carter.

I was born at 7.13AM on the 27th December 1990, the only child of Wendy and Kevin. I was raised in Broseley, Shropshire and have just finished my second year at Edge Hill University, studying Film with Creative Writing. I have four piercings, no tattoos, work in a supermarket and possess the largest scarf collection of many of my friends. I have just started a blog.


And so I introduce you to said blog: that Dandy Boy. Here I will hopefully entertain you with the ramblings of my life, as well as a constant influx of film reviews and general musings, basically anything I feel is worthy of your time.

I've been studying film for four years now and still find it such an interesting subject. I watch on average three films a week, and as I have a tendency to be quite opinionated I felt that reviewing them was the logical progression. This is my attempt at doing just that. I hope to update at least one review a week, keeping them interesting, useful and spoiler-free. I don't expect to become the next Julie Powell or Perez Hilton of the blogging world, but I'd like to think at least one person out there will find what I have to say interesting enough to return.


And so here it begins. Not with a fizzle, certainly not with a bang, just with a glimmer of hope that somebody reading this will come back soon and gain some benefit from what I have to say.

Until then,


No comments :

Post a Comment