Tuesday 1 July 2014

The June 100, again

I have to apologize once again for the lack of content on here recently. I've been spending more time working and seeing friends, so finding the time to sit down and put together quality posts and reviews has been a bit harder than I would have liked.

With that said, this last month I decided to take part in the June 100 challenge again.

For anyone who doesn't know, the June 100 is a challenge hosted by users on Letterboxd to watch 100 films across the month. Last year the rules dictated that none of these films could be rewatches or under 60 minutes, but those rules were relaxed a bit this time and allowed exceptions. I plan on posting short reviews for every one of the 100 films to make up for how little I've posted lately, so they'll be appearing throughout this month as and when I can get them finished.

On with my extra large monthly review for June.



100 films in total.
1 of these films was a re-watch.
received a 5-star rating.
9 received a 1-star rating.

22 were foreign language.
6 were documentaries.

Best Film of the month: Laurence Anyways // Days of Heaven
Worst Film of the month: Twixt // Gambit
Most Surprising: Mr Morgan's Last Love // Blancanieves
Most Disappointing: Willow Creek // Ghost World

Best part of a terrible film: Melissa McCarthy using a watermelon as a weapon (The Heat)
Worst part of a great film: Having to read subtitles, which hindered the experience (Russian Ark)

Let me know if you've watched any of these films, what you thought of them and be sure to suggest films for me to watch throughout July.

You can find my Letterboxd account here, and my June 100 list here.




















No comments :

Post a Comment